There are many benefits to boating, especially in B.C., here are just a few !
• There are plenty of safe anchorages in the Gulf Islands and along the Sunshine Coast. No reservations necessary.
• Enjoy more scenery and less screen time. Savour those sunsets.
• Spend quality time with family or if solitude is your sanctuary — it’s safe to boat alone. You have choices.
• Boat all year round . . . if you really want to ! (And if your boat has heat.)
• Head north or south and you will be surrounded by natural beauty: Forests and ferns along the entire length of the BC coast with wildlife in the water.
• BC has many unique coastal towns with wholesome local produce to sample and talents to support. Boat responsibly and plan ahead to keep them safe.
• Boating is a low-impact physical activity that will keep you agile on a boat that’s right for you. This is the era of active aging and outdoor adventures.
• Most boats are self-sufficient: Feel your independence on the water.
Yes, there is a financial responsibility to owning a boat. Moorage, insurance . . . but maintenance is paramount. And use your boat. Invest time out on the water.
You’ll have many years of pleasure.